What is the best time to do the Seine River cruise in Paris?
One of the most frequently asked questions about Seine River cruises in Paris is, 'When is the best time to do the Seine River cruise?' In the following guide, we will provide some valuable tips to help you discover the perfect and most suitable time for your cruise.
A boat cruise along the River Seine is one of the most popular activities for visitors to Paris. Floating smoothly past iconic landmarks like the Eiffel Tower and Notre-Dame Cathedral while sipping French wine makes for an unforgettable experience. But when is the ideal time to embark on this quintessential Parisian pastime?
Well, most Seine river cruises run frequently throughout the day, typically starting from 10 AM onwards. While all sailings have their perks, consider these tips for choosing the best time:
Early evening (5-7 PM) – Daytime crowds have dispersed and you’ll get a front-row seat to sunset views behind Paris’s monuments. The city lights begin flickering on as your cruise finishes.
Midday (11 AM-1 PM) – Avoid queues at major sites by cruising past at lunchtime while others are eating. A midday sailing also means smaller crowds on the boat.
Late morning (9-11 AM) – Beat the peak heat on a late morning cruise after the morning rush. Views are bright and clear before the afternoon haze sets in.
Night time cruises – Special late evening cruises let you see Paris lit up. Some offer dinner options or live music for a romantic vibe.
Daytime on weekdays – Brave the summer crowds by cruising on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday afternoon when there are fewer tourists.
Best time for Seine river cruise - Pros and Cons
Here is some Pros and Cons to help you choose the best time for your Seine river cruise:
|Time of Day||Pros||Cons|
|Morning||Few crowds, cooler temperatures, see the city waking up||Less light for photos|
|Golden Hour||Beautiful light, perfect for photos||More crowded than morning|
|Sunset||Magical views of the city lit up||More crowded than morning or golden hour|
|Nighttime||See the city at night||Can be cold and windy|
Tips for choosing the best time for the cruise
- If you plan to travel during the peak season, which typically falls between June and August, it would be wise to book your cruise in advance. This is particularly important if you have a preference for times of the day.
- For those on a budget, there are some Seine River cruises available that offer affordability. However keep in mind that these cruises might not provide many amenities or as much flexibility as the pricier options.
- In case you have any requests, like desiring a private cruise or one with a particular theme it is advisable to book your cruise well in advance.
More useful information about Seine River Cruise in Paris
- Come check all the Best Seine River Dinner Cruise in Paris in 2023!
- Going to Paris with kids? here are the best Seine River Cruises with Kids in 2023!
- Having a Low-Budget? Here are some Cheap Seine River Cruises with deals and discounts!
- Paris hop-on hop-off river cruise – The best way to travel in Paris!
- What is Seine Cruise Tickets Prices?– The best Guide!
We are a group of travelers who love to explore and write about Paris. Over the years, we have gained extensive experience with cruising on the Seine River in Paris. Here, you could find all the essential information you need to know about Seine River cruises, including the different types of cruise, prices, tickets, operating hours, departure points, and many more. Bon voyage!